Monday, July 14, 2008

AUTUMN


My name is Autumn.


I was adopted in November 2007 from North County Humane Society & SPCA http://www.nchumane.org/. I was dropped off at a PETCO with twelve other orange and white kittens during the Witch Creek fires and we were named the "fire cats!" I was then brought from PETCO to the Humane Society. My shelter name was "Orangesicle." I was just barely six-months old when Lynne adopted me and I came home to live with her and big sister Fern. I came home just in time to celebrate Thanksgiving! Like Fern, I am also white, but I am distinguished by orange and brown on my ears, a spot on my back, and a beautiful orange, brown and black ringed tail. My eyes are almond-shaped and green. When I got to Lynne's house, I knew this would be my home for the rest of my life! I couldn't wait to check out every room, nook and cranny! My first month in my new home was also challenging! I was still a little sick from my experience being displaced, and then I had to get spayed and wear a cone on my head for a week. In addition to all of this, Fern was not terribly enthused at my arrival. Every time she saw me she would give me the "evil" eye and hiss at me. Of course, being the active, friendly, kitty that I am, I would not settle for avoiding Fern, and would take every opportunity to try and play with her! Being as young and active as I am, Fern has really taught me some good skills. Today, we get along much better and sometimes we even play together!

No comments: